On 21st May 2016, the government of Uganda passed the Tobacco Control Law that will fight and regulate the use of tobacco. Uganda joins 180 countries implementing Tobacco legislation in a bid to phase out the act of smoking. People who smoke in public now face a fine of about 200,00UGX, imprisonment or both when caught in the act, a comprehensive ban was passed on tobacco advertising, sponsorship, and promotion.
According to Daniel Kedobera, an epidemiologist in the Ministry of Health, over 13,500 Ugandans die annually due to tobacco-related cancers.

in partnership with 9 radio stations across the country in our Set The Agenda campaign that has been running for the last 26 weeks, we asked Ugandans what they thought about the law. Most of the respondents(79%) supported the law while the rest (21%) believed it was too harsh or tobacco control shouldn't be a priority. 

Together with local media partners, Trac FM identifies and formulates questions regarding public services, the survey questions are later broadcasted on radio and people send in SMS participating in the poll questions free of charge, incoming SMS reports are visualized in smart graphic designs and relayed within seconds for radio presenters to update listeners on survey results