Building on the achievements of the Common Matters 1 program, this year, TRAC FM is pleased to introduce the Common Matters 2 program. In this program, TRAC FM will partner with 3 CSO partners and 10 radio stations across Uganda over a period of 2 years. The campaigns will broadly cover;
- People’s land right (With EA and Pelum)
- Disability rights (With Nudipu)
- Transitional justice in Northern Uganda (With Isis WICCE)
Each individual campaign will enable us to boost exposure, knowledge, data and profile on the key issues. Each campaign will approximately take 6 months - covering 8 interactive talk shows on 10 radio stations throughout Uganda.
Each campaign has 2 main components
- Raising awareness and collecting citizen perspectives through interactive radio debates.
- Advocating for people-powered perspectives and demanding accountability from leaders and decision makers
Per campaign, over 72,000 radio listeners will participate in TRAC FM polls by sending in a free SMS message. Nationwide, millions of Ugandans will listen to the radio debates on several land-rights issues. The results from the SMS polls will form the basis of each radio debate where citizen perspectives have a central role. Trained radio hosts are informed about land rights issues and relevant partners, policymakers and experts are offered seats in the studio to debate and present their case for a large radio audience.
Individual Campaign projects
1. Land Rights Campaign with Environmental Alert(EA).
CM2 1.0: Will citizens benefit from registration of customary land?